This article will explain how the developers can create a new windows phone app which connects to the Windows Azure Mobile Services.
How to create a new Windows Phone app to Connect to Mobile Services in Windows Azure?
1. Create a Windows Azure Mobile Services as described in the article How to create a new Windows Azure Mobile Service?
2. Select the created mobile service from the Mobile Services overview screen.
3. Select Windows Phone 8 tab from the Quick start screen of the selected mobile service and then click “Create a new Windows Phone 8 App”.
4. You will be prompted to follow steps to create a simple To-do app. Make sure that you have the Windows Phone 8 SDK installed with Visual Studio 2012. Click “Create TodoItem Table” button so that a starter table is created.
5. Once the table is created. Click the Download button. This will download the sourcecode of the TodoItem project. Uncompress the project file and open the project solution file in Visual Studio 2012 , Build and run the project . You should see the application running and connecting to the Mobile services.
6. You can now add the to-do item from the Windows phone app which will be added to the mobile services.