This article will explain how to create drop down list in Microsoft Excel 2007 .
Drop down list is one of the most commonly used ways in excel to allow users to select the items from the predefined list . The drop down list in Excel allows the users to select only the valid entries.
How to create drop down list in Microsoft Excel ?
Follow the below steps to create drop down list in Microsoft Excel
1. Enter the following values in the Column A of the worksheet.
Excel tips and tricks
2. Use a different worksheet . Select the cell where you want the drop down list to appear. For example , I select “C1”.
3. In the Data Menu , click “Data Validation” Dropdownlist and then click “Data Validation”.
4. Specify the source of the data for the dropdown list item in the Data Validation Dialog. In the Validation Criteria , select Allow “List” and specify the range of values in the source and click OK.
5. You should now see the Dropdownlist in the selected cell “C1” .