There are times when one of your core team member leaves the company for various reasons that may include career growth etc. The person may be playing a key role in your team abd being a team lead / manager one may want to have the team cover up or grow to the similar productivity that the previous person was providing to the project.
What are the appropriate actions that can be taken for this?
Below are few points that can help the team when one of the core team member leaves the company.
- Get the List or summary of tasks that the team member has been involved with.
- Decrease or stop assigning any coding tasks to the person who is about to leave.
- During the notice period, ask him/her to share knowledge or coach others on the tasks that he was involved with.
- Ask the member to document his changes as well as review his comments in the soucrecode.
- Involve other team members for the tasks that the person has partially completed and get more help on getting the task completed from him.
What do you think can be included in the above list? Share them in the comments section.