- Make sure that you have installed Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows 8.
- Launch Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows 8 and Navigate to File -> New Project .
- Provide a Name for the Windows 8 project and also the location where the project will be created and click OK.
- The Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows 8 will create the necessary files which could be viewed in the Solution Explorer.
- Press F5 to run the project. You should see your App running in either simulator or Local Machine depending on the settings .