This content was proof-read by Grammarly. You can Try Grammary for FREE
Below are some of the files and folders that are created by default when creating a new ASP.NET MVC Project.
- App_Data – The developers can add the databases like SQLite or SQL Server Express database file or XML files to this folder
- App_Start – This contains the core settings of the ASP.NET MVC Project.
- Content – Contains contents like CSS file and images.
- Controllers – contains the controller classes of the ASP.NET MVC Project
- Models – Contains the ViewModel or domain model classes
- Views – This folder can be used to add the views and partial views for the ASP.NET MVC Application. The shared folder contains the files related to the layouts and common views.
- Web.Config file in Views Folder – This file contains the configuration that will make the views work with the ASP.NET MVC Project.
- Global.ASAX – This is one of the important file in the ASP.NET MVC Project and is the global application class .
- Web.Config – This is the configuration file for the application and is found in the root of the application.